7th Battalion Cheshire Regiment (F
Co.) (Kelly 1914)'
ds 'C' Sqn Cheshire Yeomanry
A Nonconformist chapel in Church Lane was sold in 1908 and used as a Drill Hall. It is recorded in use in 1914, but so far we have not found any further records.
Nothing remains of the drill hall. From information on local websites, we suspect that it may have been on the site now covered by the small car park. This is to the right of the wall which is in the centre distance of the photograph, on the left land side of Church lane.