Kendal

Aynham road

A Squadron Westmorland & Cumberland Yeomanry
4th (Cumberland & Westmorland) Battalion The Border Regiment; head quarters
(Source: Kelly, 1914)

Kendal companies were F complete & G with detachments at Burneside & Staveley.

The Aynham road premises were also shared by B Section 3rd West Lancashire Field Ambulance Royal Army Medical Corps and West Lancashire Division Clearing Hospital.
Photograph not available
© All material is copyright - refer to the Terms of Use

the first attempt at content

The Drill Hall Project - Charting a neglected legacy