4th East Lancashire (Howitzer) Brigade Royal Field Artillery
Headquarters, 2nd Cumberland Battery, and Ammunition Column
1st Volunteer Battalion Border Regiment, K Company
5th (Cumberland) Battalion and B and C Companies
The Edkin street drill hall was demolished in the late 1960s and replaced by a shopping centre.
Kelly's Directory of Cumberland, 1910, states ‘The Territorial force stationed in Workington [is] the [head quarters of the] 5th (Cumberland) Battalion and B and C Companies of the regiment, with Drill Hall in Portland Square.’
Bulmer's History & Directory Of Cumberland, 1901, describes ‘The Drill Hall, or Assembly Room, in Portland Square, is the headquarters of the 1st V. Batt. Border Regiment, K. Company ’ which was the title of the unit predating the reforms of 1908. The Territorial Year Book 1909 and Kelly, 1914, list the Headquarters as both 28 Station Road, and Portland square, Workington.
Kelly, 1914, places the drill hall in Pow street.
There was also a troop of 'C' Squadron Westmorland and Cumberland Yeomanry stationed in the town.