'Royal North Devon Yeomanry Cavalry (Hussars), A Squadron, Well street' (Kelly, 1893)
'Royal North Devon Yeomanry (Hussars), D Squadron; head quarters, Fore street' (Kelly, 1914)
'At Torrington is stationed the A squadron of the Royal North Devon Yeomanry Cavalry (Hussars) and the F Co. of the 4th Volunteer Battalion, Devonshire Regiment; the drill hall and armoury is in Calf street.'
'6th Battalion Devonshire Regiment (D Co.) (Right Half) drill hall & armoury, Fore street.' Also 'Calf street.' (Kelly, 1914)