Kelly, 1914, records:
'The Territorial Force stationed
in Gloucester comprise the head quarters of the Gloucestershire Yeomanry
(Royal Gloucestershire Hussars) and the A Squadron of the regiment;
3rd Gloucestershire Battery 1st South Midland (Gloucestershire) Brigade
Royal Field Artillery and the 5th Battalion Gloucestershire Regiment
and the A and B Companies (including Bugle Band and Signalling Section).'
The Barracks, Brunswick road - also Kelly, 1914:
'3rd Gloucestershire Battery,
1st South Midland (Gloucester) Brigade, Royal Field Artillery; head
HQ, A & B Companies. 5th Battalion Gloucestershire Regiment 'Gloucestershire
(Royal Gloucestershire Hussars) Yeomanry; head quarters [and] A Squadron.'
A contemporary record states:
Aug. 5th - MOBILIZED. "A"
and "B" Companies paraded at the Drill Hall, Brunswick Road. From
there the Companies marched to the Corn Exchange and Shire Hall respectively
and partook of a farewell tea at the invitation of the Mayor of Gloucester.
Left Gloucester 7.20pm, arrived at Portsmouth 11.30pm en route for
the Isle of Wight, the Battalion's 1st War Station.'