‘Territorial Force Battalion (1st) Herefordshire Regiment (D Co.), Drill hall, Headbrook.’ (Kelly, 1913)
Kelly, 1885, tells us that G Company Hereford (1st) Rifle Volunteers had their Armoury in Mill street.
The Drill Hall in Headbrook is marked on the 1930 OS map, south of the river and on the north side of the road named Headbrook, set back from the road, with a miniature rifle range marked behind it. The original building is extant and has been converted to a private house.
We are grateful to Kington Library staff for confirmation of the status of this Drill Hall.
We are very grateful to Andy Taylor, Assistant Curator of The Herefordshire Regimental Museum, for the interesting photographs of Herefordshire's Drill Halls around 1910.