'An iron building, erected in 1902, is used for concerts, entertainments, and as a drill hall.' (Kelly, 1914)
A drill hall was built in summer, 1902, during the Coronation celebrations of Edward VII. It was constructed of
wood with corrugated iron cladding and measured fifty feet by twenty. The building was extended with the addition
of a kitchen and laundry in 1923 to mark the dead and the survivors of the Great War. These facilities were used
for Domestic Economics classes for girls from the local school.
We understand that the building was replaced in 1971 by a Village Hall.