2nd Volunteer Battalion C, D & E Companies
Royal Wiltshire (Prince of Wales’s Own Royal Regiment) Yeomanry (B Squadron, Devizes troop)
4th Battalion The Duke of Edinburgh’s (Wiltshire Regiment) (E Co.)
1st South Western Mounted Brigade Field Ambulance RAMC
The last three references are Kelly, 1911.
‘The strength of the Devizes troop is one officer and 48 non-coms. And men; and the total strength of B Squadron is 120.’ (Kelly, 1903). In the same year he refers to 2nd Volunteer Battalion ‘C, D & E Cos. With Armoury, Town hall, and orderly room at 32 St. John street.’
By 1911, Kelly is more expansive. He notes: ‘4th Battalion The Duke of Edinburgh’s (Wiltshire Regiment) (E Co.); 32 St. John street’ and ‘1st South Western Mounted Brigade Field Ambulance RAMC, 40 New Park street.’
He continues: ‘On the ground floor [of the Town Hall in St. John street] is an Armoury for E Co. 4th Battalion Wiltshire Regiment, Territorial Force..., A Morris tube range, in Couch lane, erected in 1902, for practice and instruction with service weapons, is used by the Devizes Territorials, [and] Devizes Yeomanry ... orderly room, 32 St. John street.’