A Squadron Leicestershire (Prince Albert's Own) Yeomanry (Kelly 1912)
5th Battalion Leicestershire Regiment (C Co.)
The Drill Hall in Asfordby road was purpose built in 1914 for the Territorials, the Leicestershire Yeomanry (Prince Albert's Own). It is dated by a plaque over the door. An older picture, which we have seen, shows a slender chimney at either side of the building. This Drill Hall is still used and seems cared for.
Kelly, 1912, notes the 'Territorial Force, (5th) Battalion Leicestershire Regiment (C Co.), Drill hall, Corn exchange.' The Corn Exchange is not a purpose built military building and as such is outside the scope of the project, but we have included a photograph for interest.
The Corn Exchange
Asfordby road Drill Hall - Fašade
Asfordby road Drill Hall - Entrance
Asfordby road Drill Hall - Entrance detail