HQ, A, B, H 6 North Staffordshire
HQ High St, Burton on Trent Plus C Squadron Staffs Yeomanry Volunteers
Burton was the headquarters of a battalion of the Prince of Wales's
(North Staffordshire) Regiment, later a Territorial Army unit.
In 1871 the rifle corps had an armoury in the former museum in High
Street. By 1892 there was a drill hall, which in 1900 occupied a former
skating rink at the south end of Burton Meadow.
A building behind the magistrates' court in Horninglow Street was
used as a drill hall by 1919, and it was still used by the T.A. in
the first attempt at content
The Drill Hall Project - Charting a neglected legacy