HQ 2nd North Midland Field Company
Norton Hall, Norton Canes, near Cannock was the home of the Harrison
family. Originally offered as a base for an artillery battery, Colonel
Harrison decided his coal-mining employees would be more suited
to the skills needed by the Royal Engineers. Consequently it became
the Headquarters of 2nd North Midland Field Company in 1907, and
was demolished in 1934.