D Coy 3rd Volunteer Battalion
Willenhall did not have a drill hall until 1924 - the Walsall Street
drill hall was opened on the 22nd March by Col J V Campbell. It was
built at a cost of approx £2,250. Prior to this, D Coy used the Chamberlain
Hall Club in Market Place.
Curiously, Kelly, 1904, refers to D Co. 3rd Volunteer Battalion at
the 'Drill hall, 3 Bilston street' , Kelly 1912 referring to the 'Drill
hall, Market place'
the first attempt at content
The Drill Hall Project - Charting a neglected legacy