1st Norfolk Volunteer Artillery, Eastern Division Royal Garrison Artillery No.9 Garrison Company (Kelly,1900)
6th (Cyclist) Battalion Suffolk Regiment; D company (Kelly, 1912)
‘The Drill Hall was formerly a malthouse, but in 1887 it was purchased by the late Mr. H. J. Debney, who had it fitted up for its present use.’ (Kelly, 1891)
The drill hall on this site is the Dome, an Art Deco building which was built in 1926. Although it is outside the scope of the Project, we have included it for interest. It is a former Territorial Army drill hall which local residents still recall using for training.
The premises are now Puritan Values, which sells artistic antiques furniture with emphasis on Arts & Crafts and Decorative arts.