Carshalton

The Square

Carshalton is listed in Kelly, 1891, as the home of the D Co. 2nd Volunteer Battalion East Surrey Regiment, with an Armoury at Wandle terrace.

Originally the Carshalton Detachment of the Surrey Rifle Volunteers (1862), the Volunteers became part of the Territorial Force in 1908, and a drill hall and miniature rifle range was erected in The Square, Carshalton, as the Carshalton unitís headquarters.
Photograph not available
© All material is copyright - refer to the Terms of Use

the first attempt at content

The Drill Hall Project - Charting a neglected legacy