ds 'F' 5 Queens
‘The drill hall at Clay hill, erected in 1908, is the property of Sir Harry Waerchter bart. Of Chiddingfold.’ (Kelly,
Stevenson House, Wey Hill, Haslemere, was placed on the market in 2004 as a ‘former drill hall suitable for redevelopment with
up to fourteen flats and car parking space’. It was sold in August, 2004.
We understand that Stevenson House is now used as business premises and houses several companies. (2007)
There is reference to Haslemere Hall in Bridge street being requisitioned ‘by the War Office for the drilling of troops.’