‘5th Battalion East Surrey Regiment (B Co.), Drill hall, Poplar road.’ (Kelly, 1913)
According to a 1911 Directory, Colour Sergeant Aldridge lived next door to the drill hall at 53 Poplar Road. This was
renumbered 117 after World War Two. The house is still standing.
The Drill Hall was recorded in a 1934 directory, but by 1950 it was used as a scenery store. It was demolished and replaced by
a block of flats in the early 1960s (approximate date).
We are very grateful to Ian Whitlock for providing information about the Leatherhead Drill Hall.