F Company 4th Battalion Royal Sussex Regiment
Kelly, 1911, records the F Co. 4th Battalion Royal Sussex Regiment under the command of the
delightfully named Capt. Lord Zouche at Graystock terrace.
According to British History Online, quoting from the Victoria County History, a drill hall was erected
in the area occupied by the castle grounds. "A red brick and stone drill hall was put up near the
building yard in the later 19th century; it was converted to cottages in 1946–7."
From: 'Arundel', A History of the County of Sussex: Volume 5 Part 1: Arundel Rape: south-western
part, including Arundel (1997), pp. 10-101. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22937
Date accessed: 04 February 2009.
West Sussex Record Office holds Sale Particulars dated 1919 of The Woodleighs and Drill Hall. This
includes a catalogue of furniture and effects. (FILE - Arundel - ref. SP/1065 - date: 1919)