Headquarters, A,C-H 8 Warwickshire
Headquarters Q Company South Midland ASC
On the formation of the Territorial Force in 1908 a number of units moved to the 'cottages' at Aston Lower Grounds, acquired by the War Office as head quarters for the 8th Battalion Royal Warwickshire Regiment, and the RAMC and ASC.
According to the 1913 OS map, the Aston Territorial Barracks and Drill ground are at the Witton End of Aston Villa Football club's ground.
In 1911, the football club presented a plan to take on the freehold of its ground and environs. The building which had been rented as the players' gym was taken over by the Territorials in 1908; it protruded almost into the stadium itself in the area which in the current Villa Park is the Corner Restaurant and extended across the area which became the players' car park. The part of the premises labelled as the Great Hall was approximately on the site of the Villa Village.