ds 'B' Sqn Worcestershire Hussars
'G' company 8 Worcestershire
Used in the past as an overflow sorting office for the Post Office
at Christmas, Bromsgrove drill hall still stands, although now boarded
up and tired looking. Flanked by offices, the double-doored entrance
is surmounted by the regimental badge. The one time home of 'G' company
8 Worcestershire now faces an uncertain future. It was built by local
firm William Weaver Ltd.
May 12, 1900: 'The site for Bromsgrove's much talked about new Town
Hall could soon be decided. The town council was seriously considering
making a bid for the Drill Hall, in Church Street, when it came up
for auction next week.'
to Worcestershire index page
the first attempt at content
The Drill Hall Project - Charting a neglected legacy