'H' company 8th Bn Worcs
3rd Worcs Battery 2nd South Midland Bde
The Church Road drill hall of 'H' company 8th Bn Worcs is long demolished.
However, an inspirational move led to the inclusion of the rescued regimental
insignia into the wall of the building that now stands on the site.
'H' Company, formerly 'H' company 2 VB, originally occupied premises
described as 'armoury and drill room, Ipsley street,' and Kelly 1900
notes the 'armoury & drill room, Red Lion st.'
The Easemore Road premises of the 3rd Worcs Battery 2nd South Midland
Bde RFA are now known as Community House. The painted frontage with
its hanging baskets disguises its military past, which provided a
training centre for what became 241 Brigade RFA. They formed part
of the 48th South Midland Division.
Redditch also included ds 'B' Sqn Worcestershire Hussars
Redditch, Plaque, X Batt Worcestershire
Redditch, Side and rear elevations