East Riding of Yorkshire Yeomanry; head quarters, 4 Railway street
Imperial Yeomanry - East Riding of Yorkshire Head Quarters - 29 Railway Street (Kelly, 1905)
5th (Cyclist) Battalion East Yorkshire Regiment (F Co.); head quarters, Grayburn lane
5th Battalion Alexandra Princess of Wales's Own (Yorkshire Regiment) (C Co.); head quarters, Grayburn lane
According to the British History Online website:
'A battalion of the East Yorkshire Volunteers, formed in 1860, had a drill hall in Walkergate in the late 19th century. In 1902 the former grammar school building in Albert Terrace was bought by the county council and converted to a headquarters for the volunteers, who rented it from 1904. It passed to the Territorial Army and was generally known as the drill hall. It was given up in 1946 and was later used as a fire station.'
From: 'Public Institutions', A History of the County of York East Riding: Volume 6: The borough and liberties of Beverley (1989), pp. 190-195. Source. Date accessed: 14 May 2008.
(The former Foundation school building in Albert terrace was occupied by the grammar school from 1890 - c.1902. Source of confirmatory detail: article by East Riding Archives and Local Studies on the mylearning website.)
The Old Fire Station health centre appears to be the current occupier of the premises.