ds 'C' Squadron Pembroke Yeomanry
Welsh Field Company Royal Engineers
St F, G 4 Welsh
Among the buildings seen in this
photograph are the Cricketer's Hotel, Malabar Hotel, Brown's Cafe,
the Liberal Club, Market entrance and Drill Hall.
'The opening of the new Drill Hall took place on Saturday afternoon, the ceremony being performed by Sir James Drummond, Bart., C.B. (lord-lieutenant of Carmarthenshire), who was accompanied by General Lloyd, Sir James Hills-Johnes, Brigadier Parkinson, Colonel Roberts and other officers in connection with the Territorial Army.
Prior to the ceremony, the officers inspected the 4th Battalion Welsh Regiment, and the Welsh Field Company, Royal Engineers, who had lined up outside the hall... Sir James expressed his admiration of the new hall.
Capt. W. Bramwell Jones ultimately took steps to obtain a site which was generously granted by Lady Stepney and Miss Stepney at a very modest rent (applause). Their thanks were due to Capt. W. Bramwell Jones, the architect (Mr. Wm. Griffiths), the contractors (Messrs. Benj. Howell and Sons) and Lady Stepney and Miss Stepney, who had taken a very great interest in the Battalion.'
[Credit to follow]
According to Kelly, 1895, the Llanelly [sic] 1st (Pembrokeshire) Volunteer Battalion, Welsh Regiment, (K Company) had its head quarters and armoury at Market Place.
the first attempt at content