B Co. 3rd Volunteer Battalion Devonshire Regiment Town hall (Kelly, 1893)
'4th Battalion Devonshire Regiment (Right half of F Co.); head quarters, Drill hall, Esplanade.'
ds 'B' Squadron Royal 1st Devon Yeomanry
'The Territorial Drill Hall, at the Salcombe end of the Esplanade, erected in 1895 on a site given by the late J. George G. Radford, is a neat edifice of red brick, and has on the ground floor a drill hall, 60 by 32 feet, with a clock over the entrance; the building also includes an ante-room, and an armoury.' (Kelly, 1914)