18th Kent Volunteer Rifles, later F Company 3rd Kent Rifle Volunteers
West Kent (Queen's Own) Yeomanry (A Squadron) (Kelly 1913)
Kent Cyclist Battalion (A Company), head quarters (Kelly 1913)
E and F companies, 2nd Volunteer Battalion Queen's Own West Kent Regiment
Bromley's East Street Drill Hall was built for the 18th Kent Volunteer Rifles, later F Company 3rd Kent Rifle
Volunteers. It is now O'Neill's pub.
Kelly, 1891, records: 'At the Drill Hall and Gymnasium, in East street, are the head quarters of the E and F
companies, 2nd Volunteer Battalion Queen's Own West Kent Regiment.'
Opened in May 1872, it is described in Kelly's 1913 directory as 'the head quarters of the 5th Territorial Force
Battalion The Queen's Own (West Kent Regiment) and of the A and B Companies of the regiment; the buildings....
include three halls, the largest of which, erected in 1889-90, will hold 1,000 persons, and is let for musical and
It was also the scene of the Annual Mayors Charter Day Banquets.