H Company, 2nd Volunteer Battalion, Lincolnshire Regiment
ds 'F' 4 Lincolnshire
ds 'A' Squadron Lincolnshire Yeomanry
The Vestry Hall in North Street was built as a Calvinist Chapel in 1867 but after the chapel closed, the building was sold
in 1899 to H Company, 2nd Volunteer Battalion, Lincolnshire Regiment and converted it into a Drill Hall, gymnasium and
After this, military activity in Bourne centred on the Drill Hall. Volunteers from Bourne enlisted for the Boer War and
the Great War.
In 1914, until the end of the Great War, the drill hall was used as a military hospital. Almost 950 convalescent British
soldiers were cared for by the Red Cross.