Swaffham detachment D Company 5th Territorial Force Battalion Norfolk Regiment
3rd Volunteer Battalion Norfolk Regiment; G Co
ds 'C' Squadron Norfolk Yeomanry
ds 'G' 6 Norfolk
The G company of the 3rd Volunteer Battalion Norfolk Regiment was formed in 1860, and has about 102 efficient members; the armoury is at the Corn Hall. (Kelly, 1883)
3rd Volunteer Battalion Norfolk Regiment; G Co., Armoury, Corn hall. (Kelly, 1904)
'The Armoury, in Castleacre street, is occupied by the Swaffham detachment D Company of the 5th Territorial Force Battalion Norfolk Regiment, having about 100 efficient members, including detachments at Castle Acre and Litcham.' (Kelly, 1912)
The Drill Hall on the west side of Castleacre street is marked on the 1906 OS maps and is still shown on the 1929 and 1938 maps. A site visit in 2005 found that nothing in Castleacre Street clearly resembles a military building, but we would be pleased to have information about this drill hall ansd correct our records if necessary.