'A' Sqn South Nottinghamshire Hussars
ds 'E' 8 Sherwood Foresters
According to http://www.binghamheritage.org
, the building now used by Long Acre Studios was the ‘drill room’ of the Imperial Yeomanry South Nottinghamshire Hussars, sometime after 1889, when Wright’s Directory lists it as a reading and coffee room. Built in 1840 by public subscription, it was originally a school and has had a variety of uses before and after the Volunteers.
Kelly, 1891, records that 30 men were under the leadership of Leonard Milward Captain Commander, Notts (4th) VB Sherwood Foresters E Company. Later, the drill instructor was Hugh Lambert Tilt, a tobacconist and a Sergeant Major in the Imperial Yeomanry South Nottinghamshire Hussars ‘A’ Squadron (Kelly, 1904) and ‘A’ Squadron S Nottinghamshire Yeomanry (1908).