‘4th Battalion, The Queen’s (Royal West Surrey Regiment); head quarters [plus A, B, D, F and H
Companies] (Kelly, 1913)
‘South Eastern Mounted Brigade Transport & Supply Column [ASC]; head quarters, Mitcham Road Barracks.’ (Kelly, 1913)
‘The Barracks, on the Mitcham road, erected in 1794, were formerly used as a depot for recruits for the three regiments of foot
guards; they are now the head quarters of the 4th Territorial Force Battalion The Queen’s (Royal West Surrey Regiment).’
We believe that the Barracks are extant, and have a reference to an address on Park street but at present no further information.