East Surrey Regiment, 3rd Vol. Battalion
‘Kingston-on-Thames is the head quarters of the 6th Territorial Force Battalion of the East Surrey Regiment. A Drill hall was
built in 1911 in Orchard road.’ (Kelly 1913)
The Kingston Companies (D, E & F) were also based here.
Kelly, 1891. lists ‘East Surrey Regiment, 3rd Vol. Battalion; head quarters of battalion and of D, E, F & G companies, Drill
hall, Orchard road.’
This drill hall has been demolished, probably in the mid-1970s. We are grateful to Guy Smith for confirmation.