Location unknown

'In 1897, a drill hall was erected here by Lieut. M. R. Holman, for the D Company of the 1st Sussex Royal Engineer Volunteers, now [1899] numbering 50 men.' (Kelly, 1899)

We have no further information on this reference, although Lieut M R Holman was a local farmer.
Photograph not available
© All material is copyright - refer to the Terms of Use

the first attempt at content

The Drill Hall Project - Charting a neglected legacy