Royal Army Medical Corps:
HQ, A,B,C Sect 1st, 2nd S Midland Field Ambulance RAMC
Great Brook St HQ,A,B Sect 1st S Midland Mounted Brigade Field Ambulance RAMC
1st Southern General Hospital (Great Brook street)
Southern Command Signal Company RE
Originally built as Cavalry barracks in the mid-1700s, the premises in Great Brook street provided a home for the Royal Army Medical Corps units. Before 1908, as the RAMC Volunteers, they had their head quarters in two rooms at the Thorp street drill hall. They then moved to temporary premises at 237 Albert road, Aston, before moving to Great Brook street on 23rd February 1911.
The buildings have long been demolished.