D 4 Duke of Wellington’s West Riding Regiment
Duke of Wellington’s (West Riding Regiment) 4th Battalion D Company (Kelly, 1905)
Kelly, 1912, locates the Drill hall on Wakefield Road.
Local residents who recall the drill hall informed us that the building is shortly after the Robin Hood garage on Wakefield road. The 1922 OS map shows the drill hall at the junction of Albert street and Wakefield road. It consists of two wings joined by a corridor, There is a single storey older stone building adjoining the rear of office premises now at this spot and we believe this to be the former drill hall, extensively refurbished.
Rear of premises on Wakefield Road and Arthur Street
Photograph courtesy of Roger Thompson