Northallerton - North Riding

Drill Hall, Thirsk road
Earlier, Market place and South parade

4th Battalion Yorkshire Regiment

The 4th Battalion Yorkshire Regiment was Northallerton's local territorial battalion, which had its headquarters at the Drill Hall on the Thirsk Road. The drill hall was built in 1911 at a cost of £2200, and reportedly opened on 6th December. As the 1st Volunteer Battalion, they were listed in Kelly’s 1905 directory as having ‘Head Quarters – South Parade’ and, before that, in Kelly, 1893, as ‘Market place.’
Northallerton Drill Hall - Postcard
Postcard of Northallerton Drill Hall
© All material is copyright - refer to the Terms of Use

the first attempt at content

The Drill Hall Project - Charting a neglected legacy