Sowerby Bridge - West Riding

Drill Hall, Burnley road

'H' 4 Duke of Wellington’s West Riding Regiment
4th Battalion Duke of Wellington’s (West Riding Regiment) H. Company - Headquarters Burnley road (Kelly, 1905)

It is believed the drill hall was built in 1912* and stood at the junction of Tuel lane and Burnley road, now demolished.

(*Malcolm Bull, op cit)
Photograph not available
© All material is copyright - refer to the Terms of Use

the first attempt at content

The Drill Hall Project - Charting a neglected legacy